Schedule your own Staff SEAL Retreat!
Come as an admin team, grade level, specialized group or staff! We can accommodate 20-35 participants per retreat.
Social-Emotional Artistic Learning strategies for educators
We now offer SEAL retreats for teams, groups and staffs who want to bond together while learning important SEAL strategies.
Social-Emotional Artistic Learning. SEAL takes the best of arts integration and develops students self and social competencies as they work through the creative process.
Schedule a SEAL Retreat with your colleagues and create change in your school and district. The more you implement what SEAL can do for your students the better.
It’s time to Get your Whole Staff Inspired, so they can Be Inspiring for ALL your students!
Learn Effective SEAL Strategies!
It’s an OVERNIGHT retreat!
Schedule a weekend that works for YOU! Check-in Friday at 5:00pm. Check-out Saturday 4:00pm.
SEAL Retreats are for ALL!
The SEAL retreat is built for any and ALL adults who work with students of all ages who need social-emotional development: teachers, specialists, administrators and parents.
- Essex Woods Retreat and Meeting Center, Essex, MA
- Beautiful location and we have the place all to ourselves
- Includes lodging in the same building as or steps from our workshops
Meals are Included!
- Freshly prepared dinner on Friday, breakfast and lunch on Saturday
- Snacks and drinks throughout the weekend
Focus of the Retreat
- SEAL!!! The entire retreat will be focused on Social-Emotional Artistic Learning strategies to be used with students.
- Hands-On Art Activities! SEAL takes the best of what true arts integration has to offer. The arts provide a naturally differentiated approach for all the retreaters. All the art activities and projects are carefully thought-out and chosen to meet the criteria of SEAL.
- Educator-Centered! YOU will experience all ideas and activities presented at each workshop. This retreat is as much for your SEAL as it will be for your students.
- Community Building! As colleagues, you will retreat together, create and bond in new ways. This is the BEST thing you can do for your students!
- There’s a large hot tub and sauna to enjoy on Friday night.
- We will take advantage of the large fire pit outside where we can drum! (weather permitting)
- A complete handout will be provided that includes all the SEAL activities completed as well as the arts standards and corresponding SEL Competencies touched upon during the retreat. This is a great resource to refer to again and again!
- Every retreater will get a special retreater gift upon arrival.
- You will get access to a special WTAR19 Retreater Playlist so you can enjoy your Friday commute to Essex Woods!
The price includes all workshops, overnight lodging*, 3 meals, all materials and bonuses. Each retreater will be awarded 12 professional development hours.
Flat prices will vary according to the season and include up to 24 retreaters. Each additional retreater will be an additional cost.
Please use the contact form to obtain a quote or to ask questions.
*Occupancy per room will be coordinated by the staff’s leader before the retreat.
Check out our SEAL Retreat options!
Workshops include Soundtracking Your Classroom, Drama Improvisation, Guided Visualization and Silhouette Self-Portraits.
Workshops include movement based activities, SEAL Spaces, poetry in color, and creating Personal Mandalas.
Work with Elizabeth to discuss your team’s specific SEAL needs and create a unique SEAL retreat to suit your goals.
Workshops and Instructors
Elizabeth Peterson, C.A.G.S. (Arts, Leadership and Learning) arts integration specialist, elementary teacher and founder of The Inspired Classroom has been designing Teacher-Centered PD for years. Her philosophy is steeped in the idea that teachers need to be inspired in order to be inspiring to their students. She will lead the retreat from the beginning to the end, intertwining the ideas of wellness and the social-emotional competencies into all the SEAL activities.
Your amazing SEAL workshops start on Friday night. In the evening, you are invited to enjoy the company of others with a glass of wine and take advantage of the retreat center’s hot tub and sauna. And you want even MORE SEAL fun, be sure to join us for a “Night Owl” workshop.
Dinner is included on Friday evening and breakfast and lunch are prepared for us on Saturday. Weather permitting we will have a special outdoor drumming circle.
Saturday will be filled with great SEAL experiences that you will want to bring back to your school, classroom or office. Not to mention, you will get so much out of this for yourself!
We will end our time together as we reflect the SEAL activities that developed both arts skills and social-emotional competencies. Discussions will be had about how this all plays out in our schools and classrooms: how our experiences with Teacher-Centered PD will feed what we do with our own students.
Cancelation Policy and Weather Updates
Paid registrants may send a substitute.
If for any reason you can’t attend*, 100% of your paid registration will be
refunded when you notify The Inspired Classroom at least 72 hours in advance.
Notifications after this time will be refunded less a $25 service fee.
*The retreat will NOT be cancelled for snow or other inclement weather, unless Massachusetts calls for a “state of emergency.” Essex Woods is a year-round facility and will have the property ready for us. Because of this, we cannot refund money to those who do not attend because of weather. 🙂