Hey everyone, I’m Elizabeth and I love helping other caring, creative teachers bring the Arts into their classroom! I especially love doing this through SEAL: Social-Emotional Artistic Learning.
If this topic interests you, you are in the right place. Talking about SEAL is pretty much my favorite thing to do!
Today, I’m going to talk about how to implement SEL successfully with the Arts into your classroom. I’m going to focus in on SEAL, but you have to understand that ANY SEL program or method needs to follow this same framework in order to work effectively in your classroom.
That’s why SEAL is so effective: It is a holistic approach to teaching SEL.
I often get asked what makes SEAL so unique.
Well, a big part of that is how it helps you implement social-emotional learning into the classroom.
This is not your run-of-the-mill SEL program.
So, today I’m going to show you something that comes straight out of the SEAL Teacher Training course so you can really get a sense of how to implement social-emotional learning into the classroom – through the Arts. It’s not just about the amazing integrated lessons, there is an actual method to making it work for so many teachers.
Let’s Take a Closer Look
SEAL’s Pathway to Successful Integration of SEL through the Arts!
1. Get the Right Mindset
Inside the SEAL training you will discover what it means to be a SEAL Teacher and explore the power SEAL can have in your classroom.
2. Set up the Methods
There are many ways you can implement SEAL into your teaching. Inside SEAL, you’ll uncover what will work best for your students, your teaching style, and your teaching schedule.
3. Implement the Integrations that Work
You will take part in numerous activities in visual art, music, dance and drama that integrate into all of CASEL’s social-emotional competencies. Then, you can fully engage your own students into the lessons that will benefit them the most!
And you know what you’ll get?
- Students smiling as they connect and work with their peers.
- A sense of calm and creativity in your classroom that allows your students to feel safe and at ease to learn and take risks.
- And, YOU will have a unique confidence that comes with being a SEAL Teacher. You will know that you truly are making a difference in students’ lives every day!
FREE SEAL WORKSHOP!
Are you ready to learn even more? I hope so!
Be sure to register for my FREE workshop: The 3 Secrets to Integration the ARTs with SEL. I’ll show you some wonderful SEAL strategies that will get you started right away! It will also take you through proven strategies to use art as a creative way to build relationships and tap into your students’ full potential.
In my FREE workshop we will look at:
- Creative and engaging activities that will help you get a holistic approach to teaching social-emotional learning without taking precious time away from your lessons
- How to create a safe and supportive learning environment where your students can open up, even if you’re teaching online!
- The important role YOU play in all this – even if you’re not an artist.
- Plus – You’ll get a certificate for 1 PD hour!
I can’t wait to see you in there!
WHAT TO DO NEXT
Go to teachSEAL.com to join our mailing list and learn how to become a SEAL teacher!
One of the best things you can do for yourself is surround yourself with other caring, creative educators! That’s why I want you to join our amazing FB community: Inspiring Teachers! Share ideas, ask questions and get support from colleagues around the globe who believe in the power of arts in education!
Say “Hi” on Social: