I know the end of the summer is not here, but it sure feels like it! The commercials on TV are all about back to school. I’m getting emails from my principal and our school’s secretary about class lists and sending letters home to parents. And, to top it off, I’m starting to feel that pressure – the “get-your-butt-in-gear-and-start-planning-for-your-students-before-it’s-too-late” feeling.
But it’s not like I’ve been slacking for the last month. Oh, no! And if you think any teacher has slacked during their long break, you are just plain silly! (If you don’t believe me, read my last post and the comments that followed!)
Just like I enjoy doing at the end of the school year, I thought it would be great to look back on all the things I have done this summer – another Did List. It’s like making a list that I can check off and feel good. Here’s mine:
- Worked on district curriculum work for MATH
- Worked on district curriculum work for ELA
- Planned for and gave two webinars for Connectivity: the Virtual Arts Int Conference (on music and literacy and Studio Days)
- Attended Connectivity: the Virtual Arts Int Conference hosted by educationcloset.com
- Finished my NEW BOOK Studio Days which is now available for sale! This was a big one as you can imagine… I am so excited this new book is done and out. Go to our store to order your copy!
- Planning for the second annual TEACHER ART RETREAT. This is coming up around the corner and there’s still time to sign up. It was an amazing three days last year and proves to be a fantastic time this year as well. 🙂
- Reading up on new literature we will be working with this school year in my fourth grade class.
- Applied to attend and present at the NH State Council on the Arts’ annual 2012 Fall Arts Education Partnership Conference. I will hear more about that this Friday.
- Prepping to co-moderate a Twitter chat this THURSDAY on Defining Arts Integration with @creativityassoc and @aep_arts. This is being hosted by Arts Education Partnership, a national organization! Very exciting! I hope some of you can join us. There will be two chats. One at 1:00pm EST and the other at 6:00pm EST. To view the chat, go HERE and to participate, go to that link and sign in with your Twitter account.
So, needless to say, it’s been a busy, but good summer. I didn’t get to those photo books or to updating this website homepage like I’ve been meaning to, but there is still time. More important than that, I’ve been balancing this work with plenty of family time, hubby time, time enjoying the outdoors and even some time just for me (which usually happens at 5:30 in the morning.)
So, join in! I know I’m not alone. What are some of the great things (personal and professional) you have accomplished this summer?