I love celebrating Beethoven’s birthday each year! And this year, his 241st birthday is no different. My plans for the day today include:
- Having my students complete their math open response question which is based on Beethoven’s 9th symphony.
- Having my students work on their fact and opinion project using leveled Beethoven biographies.
- Conducting an in-class all-Beethoven recital where my students are the performers.
- Having my students continue their work on their compare/contrast essay comparing Beethoven to Bach.
- Watching Beethoven Lives Upstairs and writing a short essay on perseverance.
(These activities and more can be found in my new eResource Celebrating Beethoven in the Classroom on sale now for download at The Inspired Classroom’s book store.)
This year, I’m also celebrating his birthday with more fun – a Teacher Field Trip! After not planning one for over a year, we back in full force tonight with a triple D: Dinner, Drama and Dance. I am looking forward to eating out with other teachers in Portsmouth, NH, then attending a modernized performance of A Christmas Carol at the Player’s Ring and finishing the night dancing over at the Gas Light’s third floor. It should be a birthday bash!
Enjoy your day and your week end!
And Happy Birthday Beethoven!
GGPA IS SMILING DOWN ON YOU RIGHT NOW!!!!!