- Having my students complete their math open response question which is based on Beethoven’s 9th symphony.
- Having my students work on their fact and opinion project using leveled Beethoven biographies.
- Conducting an in-class all-Beethoven recital where my students are the performers.
- Having my students continue their work on their compare/contrast essay comparing Beethoven to Bach.
- Watching Beethoven Lives Upstairs and writing a short essay on perseverance.
This year, I’m also celebrating his birthday with more fun – a Teacher Field Trip! After not planning one for over a year, we back in full force tonight with a triple D: Dinner, Drama and Dance. I am looking forward to eating out with other teachers in Portsmouth, NH, then attending a modernized performance of A Christmas Carol at the Player’s Ring and finishing the night dancing over at the Gas Light’s third floor. It should be a birthday bash!
Enjoy your day and your week end!
And Happy Birthday Beethoven!