Later today, I will be presenting for the #rscon11 Reform Symposium conference. My presentation is on “Getting Started with Arts Integration” and I thought it would be helpful to post the outline and links that I will be referring to during the presentation. This way, participants can access the information in depth after we discuss it at the webinar. So here it is:
Webinar Outline and Links – Getting Started with Arts Integration
Part ONE – WHAT IS TRUE ARTS INTEGRATION?
Arts Integration Isn’t…
- An afterthought
- A filler
- Something nice
Arts Integration Is…
- Making the arts part of your classroom culture.
- Intertwining the intellect with creativity.
- Creating a safe learning environment for students to collaborate and share.
- Keeping to the integrity of the art form.
Examples will be discussed at the webinar!
Part TWO – GETTING STARTED WITH ARTS INTEGRATION
Follow Your Interests and Passions
- Creating community through the Arts – Building relationships
- Effects of Quality Community Building
- Creating a Safe Learning Environment
- Take a class or workshop
- Feed What You Do
Don’t Be Afraid!